Hey Kids! Here's ten (10) cool things to know about the Belize Rainforest.
1. Only around 6% of earth's land surface is rainforest, but about half of all animals and plant species live there!
2. In Central American rainforests, rival strawberry poison dart frogs might wrestle for up to 20 minutes.
3. It can take ten minutes for a falling raindrop to travel from a rainforest's thick canopy to the floor.
4. More than half of mainland Belize is covered in rainforests.
5. Numerous ancient lost cities can be found in the Belizean rainforest.
6. Rainforests get at least 250cm of rain a year. Sometimes it's almost double that at 450cm.
7. Latin American forests are home to black howler monkeys, whose calls can be heard almost 5km away.
8. Veiled stinkhorn mushrooms (found in tropical rainforests), smell like rotting food!
9. A quarter of ingredients in modern medicines come from rainforest plants.
10. Living in Central American rainforests, a sloth can carry algae, bettles and cockroaches in its fur!
Trent S. Turley
My name is Trenton S. Turley, and I am a Belizean citizen who has now been living in the country of Belize for the past 15 years. I am also an environmental activist. Our family moved to Belize, when I was 8 years old. I speak English, Spanish, Kriol and American Sign Language. I have a true love for the eco-system of Belize, with regards to preserving this beautiful countries resources.
I'm now a licensed Tour Guide
Book Your Belize Adventure Today!
Is located on the island of Ambergris Caye, directly across from the Belize Barrier Reef, off the mainland coast of Belize. The property is nestled in a cluster of Australian Pine trees, backed to a littoral jungle, and surrounded by tropical gardens. It's about a one minute walk from the property to the beach, and a 10-15 minute drive from the island airstrip to the property.
We offer one bedroom suites (455 s.f.) of living area to include: livingroom, kitchenette, private bathroom and bedroom.
We are also about a one minute walk from one of the best restaurants on the island serving (breakfast, lunch & dinner). Within walking distance you can find:
(3) blocks is Robyn's BBQ
(4) blocks is 2 fruit stands
(5) blocks local grocery store
IF YOU'RE COMING TO BELIZE TO...............
If you're coming to Belize to dive the Blue Hole, descend the shelf walls at Turneffe, snorkel the Barrier Reef, explore Mayan ruins, rappel into a cave, kayak along the river through caves, zip line through jungle tree tops, hike through a cave to see an ancient human skeleton, swim with sharks, listen to Howler Monkey's, hold a boa constrictor, feed a jaguar, horseback ride through the jungle, canoe through a cave, rappel down a waterfall, sail around an island, enjoy cocktails & dinner to a sunset, climb 130' feet to the top of a Mayan ruin, rip up the jungle trails on an ATV, float through a series of caves on a tube, and sip on a rum punch.....
then this is the place for you.
Belize Budget Suites, offers you clean, affordable, attractive, accommodations, at prices that allow you to do all the things just mentioned.
For All Your Home Improvement Needs
For all Your Real Estate Needs
10 Coconut Dr.
San Pedro, Belize
Your Ad Could Go Here
Diving Blue Hole (3 Tanks)
Diving Turneffe (3 Tanks)
Diving Tours (3 Tanks)
Diving Tours (2 Tanks)
Diving Tours (1 Tank)
Night Diving (1 Tank)
Dive Hol Chan-Shark Ray
Blue Hole Snorkeling
Manatee Watch & Beach BBQ
Hol Chan Marine Reserve
Shark Ray Alley
Mexico Rocks & Tres Cocos
Snorkeling at Caye Caulker
Bachalar Chico Marine Reserve
Deep Sea Fishing
Robles Fishing/Snorkel & BBQ
Private Fishing Charter
Jungle Zip Lining
Waterfall Rappel & Zip Lining
Waterfall Rappel & Hike
ATV Jungle Dirt Biking
7 Mile Cave Tubing
ATM Cave Exploring
Barton Creek Cave
Black Hole Rappelling
Cave Waterfall Rappelling
River Cave Expedition
Lost World Expedition
Herman Cave & Blue Hole
Crystal Cave & Blue Hole