Hey Kids! Here's ten (10) cool things to know about the Belize Rainforest.
1. Only around 6% of earth's land surface is rainforest, but about half of all animals and plant species live there!
2. In Central American rainforests, rival strawberry poison dart frogs might wrestle for up to 20 minutes.
3. It can take ten minutes for a falling raindrop to travel from a rainforest's thick canopy to the floor.
4. More than half of mainland Belize is covered in rainforests.
5. Numerous ancient lost cities can be found in the Belizean rainforest.
6. Rainforests get at least 250cm of rain a year. Sometimes it's almost double that at 450cm.
7. Latin American forests are home to black howler monkeys, whose calls can be heard almost 5km away.
8. Veiled stinkhorn mushrooms (found in tropical rainforests), smell like rotting food!
9. A quarter of ingredients in modern medicines come from rainforest plants.
10. Living in Central American rainforests, a sloth can carry algae, bettles and cockroaches in its fur!
Is located on the island of Ambergris Caye, directly across from the Belize Barrier Reef, off the mainland coast of Belize. The property is nestled in a cluster of Australian Pine trees, backed to a littoral jungle, and surrounded by tropical gardens. It's about a one minute walk from the property to the beach, and a 10-15 minute drive from the island airstrip to the property.
We offer one bedroom suites (455 s.f.) of living area to include: livingroom, kitchenette, private bathroom and bedroom.
We are also about a one minute walk from one of the best restaurants on the island serving (breakfast, lunch & dinner). Within walking distance you can find:
(3) blocks is Robyn's BBQ
(4) blocks is 2 fruit stands
(5) blocks local grocery store
IF YOU'RE COMING TO BELIZE TO...............
If you're coming to Belize to dive the Blue Hole, descend the shelf walls at Turneffe, snorkel the Barrier Reef, explore Mayan ruins, rappel into a cave, kayak along the river through caves, zip line through jungle tree tops, hike through a cave to see an ancient human skeleton, swim with sharks, listen to Howler Monkey's, hold a boa constrictor, feed a jaguar, horseback ride through the jungle, canoe through a cave, rappel down a waterfall, sail around an island, enjoy cocktails & dinner to a sunset, climb 130' feet to the top of a Mayan ruin, rip up the jungle trails on an ATV, float through a series of caves on a tube, and sip on a rum punch.....
then this is the place for you.
Belize Budget Suites, offers you clean, affordable, attractive, accommodations, at prices that allow you to do all the things just mentioned.
For All Your Home Improvement Needs
For all Your Real Estate Needs
10 Coconut Dr.
San Pedro, Belize
Your Ad Could Go Here