1 (4 lb.) chicken cut into small pieces
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. thyme, salt, pepper
Small bunch of cilantro
1 tiny silver of ginger
2 Tbsp. onions, chopped
1 Tbsp. green or red sweet pepper, chopped
1/4 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. brown sugar
1 small ripe tomato
Dime size red recado
Vinegar or lime juice
1. Wash chicken pieces, season with vinegar, lime juice, red recado, cuming, thyme, cilantro, salt and pepper.
2. Heat 2 Tbsp. cooking oil, add brown sugar and watch carefully to avoid burning. LEt sugar cook until completely melted and turns dark.
3. Add clove of garlic that has been smashed and minced.
4. Add giner and fry, stirring, remove ginger when it gets brown.
5. Add chicken and brown properly on all sides.
6. Add remaining seasoning from chicken, chopped onions, sweet pepepr and tomato and add about a half cup of water.
7. Reduce heat to medium and cover pot. Let simmer, adding water so the pot is never completely dry.
8. Cook for about 1 hour until chicken is very tender.
How to Cook Belizean Rice & Beans
1 lb. red kidney beans (fresh)
1 medium onion sliced
2 lbs. rice
1/2 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. salt
2 plugs garlic (crushed)
1 can coconut milk (15 oz.)
6-8 c. water
1. Collect all ingredients.
2. Soak beans for 4-6 hours.
3. Boil beans with garlic, onion, until tender.
4. Season soften beans with black pepper, thyme and salt.
5. Add coconut milk. Stir & taste. Let boil.
6. Clean and wash rice.
7. Add rice to seasoned beans. Stir, then cover. Cook until water is absorbed or rice is tender. If necessary add more water gradually and continue cooking until rice is tender.
Trent S. Turley
My name is Trenton S. Turley, and I am a Belizean citizen who has now been living in the country of Belize for the past 15 years. I am also an environmental activist. Our family moved to Belize, when I was 8 years old. I speak English, Spanish, Kriol and American Sign Language. I have a true love for the eco-system of Belize, with regards to preserving this beautiful countries resources.
Book Your Belize Adventure Today!
Mention this blog & receive 15% off the base room rate.
Is located on the island of Ambergris Caye, directly across from the Belize Barrier Reef, off the mainland coast of Belize. The property is nestled in a cluster of Australian Pine trees, backed to a littoral jungle, and surrounded by tropical gardens. It's about a one minute walk from the property to the beach, and a 10-15 minute drive from the island airstrip to the property.
We offer one bedroom suites (455 s.f.) of living area to include: livingroom, kitchenette, private bathroom and bedroom.
We are also about a one minute walk from one of the best restaurants on the island serving (breakfast, lunch & dinner). Within walking distance you can find:
(3) blocks is Robyn's BBQ
(4) blocks is 2 fruit stands
(5) blocks local grocery store
IF YOU'RE COMING TO BELIZE TO...............
If you're coming to Belize to dive the Blue Hole, descend the shelf walls at Turneffe, snorkel the Barrier Reef, explore Mayan ruins, rappel into a cave, kayak along the river through caves, zip line through jungle tree tops, hike through a cave to see an ancient human skeleton, swim with sharks, listen to Howler Monkey's, hold a boa constrictor, feed a jaguar, horseback ride through the jungle, canoe through a cave, rappel down a waterfall, sail around an island, enjoy cocktails & dinner to a sunset, climb 130' feet to the top of a Mayan ruin, rip up the jungle trails on an ATV, float through a series of caves on a tube, and sip on a rum punch.....
then this is the place for you.
Belize Budget Suites, offers you clean, affordable, attractive, accommodations, at prices that allow you to do all the things just mentioned.
For All Your Home Improvement Needs
For all Your Real Estate Needs
10 Coconut Dr.
San Pedro, Belize
Your Ad Could Go Here